Thursday, March 15, 2012

Perinatal bereavement occurs in the case of one in six pregnancies

Perinatal bereavement occurs in the case of one in six pregnancies in Quebec. These are 600 babies in Quebec who die each year, and 50 in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean.

Melyssa Gravel has been affected by this event closely. In 2006, the pregnancy went well, but at birth the doctors discovered a congenital chest and the child died after birth.

"It happened so fast, she said. I took the time to be with my baby even died. I held in my arms, it helps to mourning. This is a great loss the death of a child. Means during pregnancy the heart beat and quite often it is already a name. "

Many parents must take the decision to end a pregnancy: "Pregnant women are in the same department that babies living. We hear the laughter in the other rooms and balloons walking around. "

Alexandra Private

For her part, Alexandra Private had a great pregnancy for 28 weeks. When the baby came into the world prematurely, he was transferred by plane to Quebec and the verdict is.

"My child had a brain haemorrhage which had reached the brain, she said. The doctors gave us the choice to unplug it or live with enormous consequences. I and my father, we went to bed next to him and 24 hours later, we heard the last breath. "

Months have passed and Private Alexandra became pregnant with a girl: "My gynecologist followed me every two weeks. It was a maddening pregnancy. I watched every detail. "

Acceptance

An important phase, which varies among individuals is the acceptance of mourning.

"The mission that I have made is in memory for my son," Gravel told Melyssa, who is now host to a support group for parents living with perinatal bereavement, volunteer work.

Although she still notices some awkwardness of the population, she noted that since this mourning, much has changed.

"Our sense approach to life has changed, and the perception of events, she said. This is a very complicated and mourning happens most of the time suddenly. "

The Brood

The organization will provide The Nestled next "coffee and conversation" on March 29 from 18: 30 pm at the offices of the organization of perinatal bereavement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment